Monday, November 12, 2012

Free Doris Holt

Free Doris Holt ~~ On Saturday, February 19, 2011, at 2:08pm, after a long struggle in the care and abuse of the State of SC DSS, Doris Holt finally succumbed. May she finally achieve the warmth and peace she so justly deserved, but was denied in captivity by SC DSS, where she was apparently subject to beating and abuse, as witnessed by photographs of bruises and stated by physicians who examined those photographs. At this time I am at a loss for words, as I was just before 3p when her son James Spencer called to inform me as I was driving to Daytona to see my aunt. My grief is too great, as I cannot imagine another human subjecting anyone so frail, fragile and helpless as Mrs. Holt to the indecency, humiliation, and physical torture that she appeared to have had placed upon her. Her son was told she died of starvation, starvation caused by dementia. I find this outside comprehension, and I find it an excuse for allowing her to die as a punishment to her son and her for not doing unethical and illegal acts a decade ago, ones that would have greatly filled the pockets of a few at the theft from many. As I gather my thoughts and composure, I will, in time, share more with you. In the meantime, her son is trying to get an impartial autopsy arranged by the Orangeburg coroner. So far, it appears he has been refused. Hopefully the coroner will relent and allow Mrs. Holt to be examined to clear the air about the true cause of death. Pray for her, and pray for all the others that may be in the custody of SC DSS suffering the same abuse. and pain, and humiliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment