Friday, September 21, 2012

OpEdNews - Article: Veteran Op-Ed writer denied prison visit for identifying herself as a journalist

OpEdNews - Article: Veteran Op-Ed writer denied prison visit for identifying herself as a journalist ~ I am writing this report for every family and friend of a prisoner who has been turned away from visiting a loved one at a California State Prison based on invented rules and arbitrary dress codes. The people have a right to know what is taking place in the prisons, which are taxpayer-financed institutions wasting billions of our education and human services dollars.
When I became a California journalist in the 1960"s, I never dreamed that I would be using my advanced education to write about how I support my breasts, especially in what should be my Golden Years. But the reason I was turned away was not really about my bra choice, it was because I identified myself as a journalist and promised to expose their abuses in my columns well after they made the decision not to let me re-enter once I complied.

No comments:

Post a Comment